Sunday, September 25, 2011

Feeling Nostalgic

Today is September 25th. Little known fact that not many people may know... It is usually rainy on this day. Okay- it's rainy where I am. Obviously the entire world isn't going to be cloaked in droopy clouds. So today was no exception for me. It's only a fleeting thought and if I could erase it out of my memory I would. I wish I could just shove all the painful parts of my life away into a vault.

I was driving down this road that I often take and it occurred to me that several years ago (I'm talking just under 10 years) I went to a candle party, or Mary Kay, or something. I don't really remember, but I know it was on that road. As I was driving I was trying to remember which side it was on and if I would recognize the house. I thought of the little game we played and one of the questions was if you had dirty dishes in the sink. I did so I lost that one. -WHY in the world do I remember that random memory? Why not what kind of party it was? I mean what is the point of my mind for keeping it?

It's weird you would think that we (humans) would have control over the memories we keep. But I guess I'll just have to wait until the next random one surfaces. I hope it's a good one.

No comments: