Saturday, January 18, 2014

Vacation Day

So this is an older one (just a month-ish), but I chuckle to myself every time I think of it.

My work you use your vacation or lose it.  So I had a half day left and it was toward the end of the year.  I looked on the calendar to see who all had the day  I wanted off.  I saw "H" written in the calendar.  I didn't know who "H" was (maybe Harper?) so it must not be any office person.

So I write up my request and turn it in requesting half of Christmas Eve off.  I thought it would be nice to get off a little early.  Tom (my boss) looks at me funny.  "If you really want it I'll give you the entire day."

"I only have half a day"

Looks at me funny.  "You do know we're off that day?  It's a Holiday."

"Oh...  so that's who 'H' is!"

LOL

Sometimes I don't know about myself. 

No comments: