Sunday, January 26, 2014

Thanks For Passing Through My Life

When you're writing sometimes you need a character to enter in the storyline for a specific purpose and then be on their merry way.

That is like life, too.

I was thinking about a face book post one of my friends made the other day.  It was one of those general posts that I hate because you really don't have any idea what they're trying to convey.  I think they were referring to someone they missed, probably an ex.   

It got me thinking, though.  Sometimes, even those that you're sure are going to be in your life for the long haul, just. simply. wont.

It's hard to wrap your head around.

Even a new born, how many people have already come and gone in a babe's small life the first few weeks?  Much less your life as an adult... I'm not referring to death, but those that simply move on in a different direction than you.  Some are in our lives for a fleeting moment, and some for a season.  Some people flit in, ruffle things up, and vanish before you even realize they're there.  Or perhaps there are those who come at just the moment we need them, to help pull us through something, and then like that- they're gone.

I've come to learn some people are only meant to be in your life for a short time, while others are for a lifetime. 


I don't believe in destiny, but I do believe there is a reason and a purpose some people are in our lives and some aren't.  I do believe in God’s will.  We have free will to make our own decisions.  Each decision we (or someone else makes that affects us) is still an intricate part of the web of life and something more. 

I believe people are in our life to serve a purpose.  They come in when we least expect- to make a difference, to help, or to teach us something.  They invoke humanism, put things in perspective, let us love, and sometimes leave to force us to grow. 

Sometimes you're the one in their life.  Sometimes it’s your path crossing theirs, and while you may walk with them for a period, you’re not meant to stay in their life.  You're the one that's supposed to touch them. 

That’s the hard part.  When the season in your lives together is waning and it's time to part ways... sometimes it hurts. 

I think of those I’m blessed to have in my life now.  I only hope that I do the right things for those who’s lives I’m in.

No comments: