Sunday, February 12, 2017

cold in my soul

Valentines Day is coming up.

I used to say this was my favorite holiday.  I don't even know why- I had no reason.  It isn't like anything special happened on it except there is a plethora of romantical movies.  Which, if you're a sap that's friggin awesome, right?!

I am always cold, my fingers and toes on the verge of numbness.  A sweater is my best friend (the rattier the better).  I am always telling Kirby my heart is ice cold, hence why I can cool a burn with my fingertips.

My mom once got married on Valentine's day once.  I was 14 and it was snowy and bitter cold.  The wind whipped my hair and bit into the depths of my soul.  I couldn't feel my toes.  Of course this didn't stop me from wearing a dress.  *The only one of a popular style I owned.  I think I had gotten it for Christmas as I relentlessly talked about how I wanted one -and I SO wanted to fit in. Also, it was a hair small and the style was "out" by time I wore it for this impromptu courthouse wedding.*  Afterwards, my cousins and I sat on the icy seats of a gazebo and I internally begged for time to speed up while shivering (convulsing) in my winter coat.  I have no idea WHY we had to subject ourselves to that.  Photos or something.  Maybe I'll look in the archives (photo books) and see if I can find one to scan later.

Anyway- I think the ice penetrated my heart that day.

That explains a lot, really.


No comments: