Friday, February 10, 2017

long lost

Have you ever known about someone who might be close to you, but they haven’t even heard of you?  Yeah, that.   

I think of all the things I have missed.  I wish I could be a part of their life; I wish things had gone differently.   I wish I hadn’t missed out on so much already….

I never had the opportunity to dote on you like others have.  I would be so proud.  Yet you don’t even know that I exist so you don’t even care, probably.

It is kind of odd, isn’t it?  Knowing I know about you, but you don’t know about me.  Or maybe you do and I don’t know you know?  But circumstances tell me you don’t.

You’re a curious light during some dark times.  I can dwell on you when my world is closing in on me.  Since I don’t know you I can imagine you any way I want.  You’re like Schrödinger’s cat.  Who’s to say you’re not like I imagine?  Who’s to say that if you knew about me you wouldn’t want to meet me, too?

But, ah… life has taken us down different paths and maybe someday the barriers will go down and our paths will cross.  Maybe someday I can make an update to this post tell the world we finally met. 

No comments: