Monday, October 15, 2012

Watching the Chicken

Silence is golden.... unless you have a toddler.  Then it is suspicious.   I saw that on pinterest.  That is totally me.  So I had a lot of work spread across the table while Rowan was playing in the living room.  He was being good.  When I peeked on him he had my slippers on his hands (he forcibly took them from my cold feet) and told me the entertainment center was hot. 

Next thing I know- after there has been a bout of silence I'm digging a plastic chicken leg out of the VCR.  Yes, we have one of those.  For those of you in the younger generation (I'm sure my daughter doesn't know what that is) it's an antique where we sometimes play antique movies.  Okay so I don't think I've watched an actual tape since I lived in my apartment years ago (man that makes me sound way old)...  The VCR serves these days as a parking garage for hotwheels and matchbox cars.  AND of course the classic child's play oven (as I just experienced) is another popular use.



 

No comments: