Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thank you, Carrie (from a Whole Lotta Bull)

Carrie,

My reply to your comment was too long, so I guess it's a new blog.

You're right. Normally I'd like to think of myself as a positive thinker, too. I've just been so discouraged lately that only negatives are filling my head (and 2 negatives make a positive, right?). I know I'm acting selfish and being negative and should be excited. I think deep down I am.

This new job is exactly the same as the other one- just a different company. It is only the hours that upset me. 2nd shift- I won't see my children or family as much. When I finished college I swore I would never do anything that took family time away because I missed SO much (I think that deep down is what breaks my heart). But I've done it before and can do it again. And just because it's 2nd's now doesn't mean I'll be working that for the rest of my life.

I know that, so I shouldn't be so silly about it.

Also, I've been known to word vomit my feelings in my blog- and that is what I did. Honestly, I DO feel better getting it all out.

I worked for that company before, I think it is just one person that has a problem with me. I know that no matter where you go or what you do there will always be someone that we rub each other the wrong way. So I know now (from my previous mistakes) that for the sake of the team and company that I just have to bite my tongue and agree to disagree. Like one of my other friends said- "stupid terds don't realize what/who they are letting slip through their fingers." She always has a way with words that cheers me up.

I'm sure once I get back to feeling better, and new glasses- now that I have a job I can get new glasses!! *Mine have been snapped and glued together 3 times for 2 months now.* Yay! I can afford new glasses. See? I'm feeling snappier already.

Thanks for your comment.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Awwwhh, shucks, a blog post all for me! I am honored!!

2nd shift would bite. But, you know, could be the best move you have ever made!

I am glad you feel better now. Just didn't want you to be upset about not getting what you wanted since the grass is not always greener.

And I like your friend! ha ha!