Sunday, July 5, 2009

Best 4th of July!!

I know, I title every holiday with that. I think this year really was one of the best. We had an 'ice cream social' with one of Kirby's work friends Friday, like we did last year, and saw Whitley County fireworks from afar. (I told Kirby you can tell it's a suffering economy because they didn't do quite the show as the year before). It was still nice, though.

The kids had a blast running around like crazy people. Then give them glow sticks and sparklers... (you can fill in the blanks) They had so much fun it was almost one of those things where I almost didn't want to claim them for mine. But my daughter, stinking with sweat and dirt, constantly wants to come hug me and tell me how much she loves me. No way can I turn that down!

They were off to their dad's yesterday and my 10 year (almost 11) old was particularly excited because THIS year he was going to be able to light some of the fireworks they got. I told him he had to come home with all his fingers attached.

Kirby and I were going to be old fuddies and were planning on staying inside and popping in a movie, but we had Josh who was wondering the neighborhood with growing excitement as each house with a child it seems prepared their own concoction of fireworks. So he drug us out and we socialized with our neighbors. Before we knew it, all the neighbors consolidated to one driveway with fireworks and we must have had hundreds of fireworks, big ones, little ones, bright ones, loud ones, smokey ones, spinners, parachutes, and not to mentions the sparklers! Josh had a blast as well as did all the neighbor kids!

We really had a wonderful time and I'm so glad that we decided not to be fuddies!

I haven't seen their driveway yet, but I'm sure it needs power washed.

No comments: