Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby on the mind

So my daughter has been trying to talk me into a puppy. I told her to ask her dad. She said she did and her dad said "maybe."

She also has been asking me for a little sister. I told her you don't really get a choice in the matter because it's 50% chance it could be a boy, too. Then I reminded her that babies take a long time to make and about another year before they're interesting. I said by then she'll be about 9ish and won't be interested in a baby anymore. Besides that, they cry a lot, wake you up in the middle of the night to eat, and you have to change their diapers all the time. Then they turn into bigger kids who get into your stuff. Of course, she says that's okay because she'll share everything with her baby sister, even her DS- and her brothers are all stinky boys and mean and a baby will solve all her problems (has someone been watching Maury around her this summer??).

Kirby and I have been talking about babies a little. I told him I want a little girl if he knocks me up. If he can't give me a little girl then I want an Asian boy. Because they're so gosh darned cute!

I was helping Gwyneth clean her room today and she tells me if I have a baby she'll be responsible for it. She'll change it's diaper and everything. She'll even get up in the middle of the night. Of course I may have to wake her up sometimes if she doesn't hear it crying. She put her hands on my cheeks and told me it will be completely and totally her responsibility and I won't have to worry about a thing. Even if she's playing with her friends, she'll stop to change a diaper. Then she says if she can be responsible for a baby then I can get her a puppy!

No comments: