Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My accomplishment!!!

I took a week off of my "normal" job (yeah I got some of my vacation) to get some personal things done. So far all I feel like I'm doing is wasting a lot of my time, I'm busy as hell, and getting nothing done that I had anticipated I would... I did get one proud thing accomplished though and I want to share my story.

For a little of a back story, for those that don't know, the past month and a half I have been taking an accelerated online class and I had to test at Ivy Tech for my state liscensing. Let's back up another minute here. I was going to test 2 weeks ago when I realized that I had only been working on 1/2 the material. OOPS. So anyway- If you don't know what I'm talking about you soon will. Anyway- I have been working REALLY hard (like neglecting my family, skipping meals- okay I didn't skip any meals) and for a few reasons, mostly for my own sanity- err self. I really wanted to show myself I could do well.

Anyway that test was freaking HARD. Most everyone doesn't pass on their first time. I didn't know of course, until after and the other people around me failed theirs... Well I had to PAY for the exam and you can't re-schedule within 24 hours. I had been battling a headache all week last week. I took pain pills every day after work to try to get rid of it, but it kept coming back. Friday I had the day off of work (for the field trip) and I took 2 pain pills, but it was no use. By time I went to bed it was full fledged migraine. I only had 2 hours of sleep, my stomach was upset... if you've ever had a migraine you know how it feels. I just can't describe the pain. It was awful.

So I had that test on Saturday. I already paid for it and wether I rescheduled or not I was at the point of no return with my money. I thought (and this was probably the most idiotic thing I've ever done) I was going to go take it.

I'll tell you what I'll just EAT the money next time.

I spent the entire 2 1/2 hours in that room, miserable as hell, I surely couldn't have passed. Even with my glasses I could barely stand to look at the computer and everything was blurry. It was super quiet, but it was still too loud. It was WAY too bright. My stomach was telling me to go to the bathroom (if I left early the test would automatically be over- even for an emergency bathroom break). Because it was for a state liscensing I even had to lock my head on in the locker with my purse. NO personal effects!

Anyway I passed. By 2% from the minimum! Kirby drove me, there was no way I could drive! I put ice on my head passed out for pretty much the rest of the day, and felt like crap the next day... but I passed!!!

No comments: