Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Waiting and waiting some more

On a good note I got a call yesterday for a company that wanted to set up an interview. Upon thinking about it I realized it was an insurance company and that I ALREADY interviewed with them.

I like insurance- that is why I have my license. My problem with them is that any and every insurance company will hire anyone. It doesn't matter your credentials or if you even qualify for the job. They don't care if you're a dirty sales man or passive (like myself). Of course I would like to do insurance, but I need the right company. When I think about it- with any job I need the right company. I want to be a good fit, but I also want the company to be a good fit for me.

Every insurance company that I have gone for an interview for at the end of the session- even if I have given a poor attitude- they still want me. Why? Why aren't they more picky about who they get on their team? Because with general insurance companies the individuals work independently. They don't have to answer to anyone but themselves. Yes, they represent the company, but I suppose in a twisted way the insurance company knows that the individual representing them are going to do a good job because it's all commission and they have to get paid- so they are going to rep good. At least that is my theory.

I don't know if I have it all exactly figured out. I just know that I'm tired of the run around with insurance companies and I'm tired of getting my hopes up for a real, good, legitimate, job and waiting for them to respond and then getting turned flat on my face.

I realize it's a hard economy, but these companies can throw us a bone here. Tell me why you don't think I'm a good fit for your team when clearly my resume and in my mind I can do well if not surpass the position on your job. What am I missing?

I'm just frustrated; I'm not a very patient person. At any rate I'd better get back to the little work that I DO have to do and keep on trucking.

Lesson: learn to be patient because being impatient doesn't really do anything but stress you out.

No comments: