Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Magical Acne

Sooo....  I was just thinking about self worth.  Everyone struggles with some sort of self- esteem complex.  I'd like to think that I've overcame most of my self esteem issues.  But I haven't.  I'm just good at worrying about more important things, like cooking dinner, folding laundry, and other boring grown up crap.

Anyway I finally broke down and went to a dermatologist for my acne (you all remember the whole toothpaste on my face fiasco?)  So I just spent ten minutes trying to find that particular blog for you to enjoy.  But I can't.  Short story is I heard that toothpaste on the face over night helps acne.  When, in fact, all it does is get your pillow gross.

OK I looked and found the links!  Yay! Yes I have toothpaste on my face  and Still have a tube of toothpaste  gosh those were so long ago...  

So, like I was saying, I went to the Dr and I got a script.  He said it was expensive and gave me this fancy coupon discount card thingie.  Way cool.  Except when I go to pick it up they tell me that I'm past the age limit for this particular medication.  Past my age limit?  Really?  Since when does medicine have age limits going the other way?   

Wow that makes me feel like an old lady.  So apparently if you're in your 30's (or upper 20's because by the time you're 26 your acne should magically disappear) and your acne hasn't magically disappeared like it was supposed to- you're screwed.  The prescription was over $300, but with my special discount card thingie it was $200something.  If my insurance approved it and I was the "right" age I would have only paid $25.

I don't know how that makes any sense at all.  How you can go from $300 to $25, but whatevs.  Plus it's not fair.  Also it's detrimental to my self-esteem.  Now I do have a complex because I'm getting older.  Great.

Also, I decided my face is not worth $200.   

Oh and the lesson for today:  Remember that even if you're too cheap to spend a billion dollars on yourself that doesn't mean you're not beautiful.  After all it's your guts that count.  

No comments: