Wednesday, November 27, 2013

still angry

Yup...  I was very angry and hurt yesterday.  So I'm told those are normal emotions.  My husband is on my team.  I don't know why anyone would want to be on the nerdy loser side, but apparently he doesn't mind.

Typically my disposition is to let things roll off my back, but once in a while something hits the right nerve and I can't shake it.  A nerve that perhaps has never healed over so many years...? 

I meant everything I said.  However, I am going to have to work on this anger thing before it tears my guts apart.  It's so hard not to be angry at someone that wronged you so unjustly.  It makes me angry knowing that I'm pretty much wasting my energy, too.  Catch 22.

I guess there is something else at the moment I can waste my energy on.  Like time with the best step son ever.  He could have chosen to stay upstairs and play video games, but instead he's getting several games ready to play.

He amazes me.  He doesn't even know the turmoil going on inside me, yet he is so thoughtful.  He "wants" to play a game I've asked for weeks to play (none of the other kids wants to play so I've been vetoed out).

Kirby just said he had an "old man brain"  That has absolutely nothing to do with my whole 'i'm still angry' blog, but it was kind of funny.  I guess I'll try to let this go, if for a moment, and enjoy some family game night time.   

No comments: