Monday, March 23, 2009

Wants and needs.

Gwyn has been learning wants and needs in Junior Achievement. I was thinking of what I want... That I could go out and go dancing and karaoke and just crazy fun with hubster and friends. Maybe it's because I'm getting older but no one ever likes to do that kind of thing these days... I wonder if I ever got the partying out of my system? I was so responsible in my early twenties. By time anyone will finally go with me I'll be too old!! (I'm not getting any younger, ya know!)

Of course I also want to not have to fold the pile of laundry sitting on my couch. I also want the upstairs to magically clean itself and I want to skip my shower because I'd rather sleep in an extra 10-15 minutes.

Yeah there are a zillion things I want and don't want... I'll never have what I truly want will I?

I was driving in the car picking up my kids after work thinking that my chiropractor is 42 and has had his new office for about 5ish years. So when I'm 42 I should have had what I wanted (in a career) for about 5 years. Then I thought that is just his new office. He's probably had his practice much longer than that. That is a stupid goal.

Lesson: I should go to Junior Achievement and learn the difference between wants and needs... Gwyneth doesn't remember. I asked her.

1 comment:

mollie.dirig said...

Hey, I will go do all those things with you! Let's relive our early 20's together!

p.s. Congrats on the working comments!! :)