Thursday, February 5, 2009

Great State of Chicago

If you have taken the time to read the "about me" you'll know I work in customer service. Of course I didn't make my "about me" section very easy to understand- that's just me though.

Anyway- I had a Marriott in Chicago, one of my accounts call in (this was a couple weeks ago). I helped the engineer find the part he was looking for and answered his questions, but for the life of me I couldn't find his account. There are a zillion Marriotts in our system so I thought I could narrow it down by searching under state.

Wouldn't you know there are NO Marriotts in the state of Chicago? I looked EVERYWHERE. A coworker finally asked me what I was doing and I told her I found California, Colorado, Connecticut, every "C" state except Chicago.

She tells me there is no Chicago state.

I argue that of course there is, I have been there, I spent my honeymoon there for crying out loud!! Chicago is a dot on the map behind me only three hours away from us...

...So she helped me find my account and wouldn't you know that Chicago is in the state of Illinois?

Now it is one of our favorite jokes that we are looking for this account in the state of Atlanta, or the state of whatever. Well I think only I tell that joke. But it cracks me up every time.

Lesson: Sometimes no matter how busy you are, take a step back and take a deep breath. Then laugh at yourself.

No comments: