Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Little Princess

I read that book this weekend. I actually got it for Gwyn and me to read together, but I remember it was such a good book when I was little... So I curled up on my favorite chair (we had 4 kids this weekend and they were enthralled by video games most of the time, didn't even miss me) and I read it.

I don't know if it's becuase I'm much older and reading it or if it's been such a long while, but that has got to be one of the saddest books I have read in a long time. It was a pretty good ending and all, but still very sad. It kind of stirred me, I suppose the classics always do?

Well I know this wasn't much of a blog, but I was just thinking how having children has given me an opportunity to divulge into my childhood over and over and steel small pleasures long forgotten. Now I get to go put her to bed... She is mad at me because she doesn't agree that our supper was actually supper.

Lesson: If you can grasp the things you'd forgotten then they wouldn't be forgotten.

No comments: