Friday, February 6, 2009

"The" Proper Intro

And I think what better time to do it than when I am at my most busiest, since I am the epitome of busy? I figure I have left you some little ditties of my life, now is a good time to properly introduce myself since you have fallen in love with my blogger style and hopefully I have sucked you into reading more (I have a really good cat juice story coming up).

For starters I am a mom of 3 and a half. Two are my own: Gavin at 10 years and Gwyneth at 6. I also have a step son Josh who is 9 and a semi-step son that is not really ours who is 12. We don't always get to have him, but when we do we certaintly have a house full! I love it-well exept for the sick, fighting, spoiled rotton times... I also have 2 cats, Garry (he pukes a lot) and Millie (she's skittish), 14ish ants, 3 crabs, and some plants I am hoping I won't kill. I've managed (very poorly) to keep a poinsettia alive for over a year so far!!

As you may have deduced I am married; pretty newly- we tied the knot this last summer after just over 18 months of dating. This is my 2nd marriage, and I can honestly say I have met my soul mate. I can't even describe how wonderful he is to me and for me. My friends think he spoils me. His name is Kirby. My heart flutters still- just like it did when I realized I was falling for this guy (after I swore off love forever!).

I was with my baby daddy for just under 10 years and married for over 7. We were high school sweethearts. It was a difficult divorce. I don't like to talk about it (even though I used to blah blah blah all the time) anymore, sometimes the memories still hurt. It was by far one of the hardest, most painful things I have ever had to endure.

It was also one of the most pivotal things in my life that made me who I am today. One of the reasons I can smile through my pain now. Breaking my heart and healing helped me learn to look up in the dark and above all- I found who I really am. I discovered things I didn't know about me and learned to be myself- not me and him. So I can honestly say I am me with no attachments. I won't ever mold myself to fit another person's needs again. I have learned that it's okay to be me, in fact I love it. It's okay that not everybody has to like me!

Another the thing I wanted to share with you is because I'm sure I'll be posting many a blog about it. I suffer from debilitating migraines. They last for days on end. Short ones will be 3 days, but the last several months they are up to 5-7 days. They are terrible. I have done everything, tried everything, gone to the dr, and been on every migraine pill under the sun. I am currently taking a medication that is supposed to prevent them. The side effects are not very fun. It affects my memory, my fingers & toes go numb for hours, and other things. It is hard to life with, but I suppose the lesser evil wins. My dr says I have to go to a neurologist and I need to get an allergy test. I'm waiting for the opportune time for that. Like insurance (you know those pre-existing conditions).

Now that the boring part of me is over- I work full time. It takes me 10 minutes to do my hair. I know that is what everyone really wanted to know.

No comments: